Do you like music?
? Music means a lot to human beings. ? Music is fun and for your spirit. ? Without music, life is a journey through a desert.
Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.
~Confucius Music is the medicine of the breaking heart.
Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life. ~Jean Paul Richter
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Task 1 Brain-storming
Do you like music? How does music make you feel?
Task 2 Practice
Listen to different kinds of music and number the pictures on page 33.
Can you name any music style?
Roll Orchestra Rap
Country Choral music
rock Pop R&B
Task 3 Discussion
What kind of music do you like better, Chinese or Western, classical or modern? Why?
1. Do you know any famous bands? List.
2. Which one do you like best? Why?
A band is a group of two or more musicians who perform instrumental or vocal music.
Backstreet boys The Beatles
The Monkees — the most popular band in the USA from 1966 to 1968!
A big hit!
Do you know anything about the Monkees?
Why the names of Song Zuying and Liu Huan are mentioned in P1?
A. Because they are very famous. B. Because they can sing very well. C. Because the text only want us to know them. D. Because the text is giving us some examples of the
famous singers that we might want to be like.
Why were the Monkees said to start in a different way?
A. They played jokes on each other.
B. Only had three members at first. C. They were formed by TV producers.
D. The members were actors.
1. Join the correct parts of the sentences together.
1 They produced a A but only one person was new record in 1996 accepted. 2 Most musicians get B but reunited in the mid-1980s.
3 They put an
C form a band because they
advertisement in the like to write and play music.
newspaper looking for
four rock musicians,
4 The first TV shows
5 However, the band broke up about 1970,
D to celebrate their time as a band.
E was a big hit.
2. Match main ideas with paragraphs
The Monkees started in a different way.
Para 2: Para 3: Para 4:
Many people want to be famous as singers or musicians.
How the Monkees became popular and how they developed as a real band.
This is how most bands start.
3. True or false questions
(1). The band began as a TV show.
(2). The TV organizers had looked for five musicians who were lovely and who could make good music.
(3). Each week the group that was called “The Monkees” would play a
song or two written by themselves.
(4). The band broke up in 1970, but reunited in the mid-1980s.
(5). In 1999, they produced a new record to celebrate their time as
1. Review the reading text. 2. Remember new words and expressions. 3. Finish Discovering useful words and
2019精选教育人教版高中英语Book2 Unit 5 music reading 公开课教学课件 (共22张PPT).ppt_图文
Do you like music?
- 2019人教版高中英语Book2 Unit 5 music reading 公开课教学课件 (共22张PPT)教育精品.ppt
- 2019教育人教版高中英语Book2 Unit 5 music reading 公开课教学课件 共22张PPT数学
- 2019精选教育人教版高中英语Book 2 Unit5 music reading 教学课件 (共20张PPT).ppt
- 2019年人教版高中英语Book2 Unit 5 music reading 公开课教学课件 共22张PPT语文
- 2019人教版高中英语Book 2 Unit5 music reading 教学课件 (共20张PPT)教育精品.ppt
- 2019教育人教版高中英语Book2 UNIT 5 MUSIC learning about language 教学课件 共52张PPT数学
- 2019人教版高中英语Book2 UNIT 5 MUSIC learning about language 教学课件 (共52张PPT)教育精品.ppt
- 2019人教版高中英语Book2 Unit 1 Cultural relics reading 教学课件 (共23张PPT)教育精品.ppt
- 2019教育人教版高中英语Book2 Unit 1 Cultural relics reading 教学课件 共23张PPT数学
- 2019教育人教版高中英语Book2 Unit2 Reading An Interview教学课件 共18张PPT数学